Sunday, January 4, 2009

resolutions

I've been thinking about a few resolutions at the beginning of this new year. I would really like to learn how to make tamales. I would like to read The Grapes Of Wrath. I plan on keeping in touch with my nephews and with more of my friends by writing letters, rather than facebook messages. I also want to volunteer to visit with some older folk and adopt some surrogate grandparents, but this is motivated mainly by the desire to learn more card games and have wise old play mates whose experiences I can learn from. Or not. I will continue to write, even if I can't find the words that I want. I would also like to learn how to take photographs properly, and have the confidence to have my own photograph taken without cringing or balking at the thought of the end result. As with every year, my eternal resolution remains, which is to talk less and listen more and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment